The newest Manatee Works Barcode Scanner SDK significantly improves performance and functionality of iOS and Android applications used in enterprise, corporate, and consumer markets
Boone, NC, March 01, 2015 - Manatee Works, Inc., the leading provider of scalable, high-performing barcode scanning integration, today announced significant new features and benefits along with enhancements to its Barcode Scanner SDK.
These new features and benefits include:
- Thread safety that substantially enhances performance for all applications leveraging the Manatee Works Barcode Scanner SDK for mobile devices with dual and quad-core CPUs;
- Improved decoding performance for GS1 DataBar Expanded and Aztec symbologies;
- Expanded QR Code and UPC support to include Mirrored QR and UPC-E1;
- Streamlined “Result Type” structure for a more comprehensive result from the decoded barcode – eliminates separate call functions for each desired decoded barcode result type;
- Features for defining minimum barcode code length requirements, to account for weak or “no error correction” barcode types, requiring less manual coding and set-up for developers.
“As we continue to enhance the Manatee Works Barcode Scanner SDK, we put significant time into listening to our clients and our Developer Network to better understand the evolving strategic needs of their specific applications”, said Jim Stein, founder and CEO, Manatee Works, Inc. “Our goal is to continue to deliver the most agile and reliable barcode scanner SDK on the market.”
The Manatee Works Barcode Scanner SDK can easily be integrated into enterprise, corporate, and consumer applications for any number of implementations, including healthcare, hospitality, mobile marketing, shipping and receiving, security, quality assurance, and more. The SDK currently supports barcode scanning for over 40 major symbologies and is available for all major device types including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, OS X and other platform operating systems. The SDK also supports cross-platform development framework tools from PhoneGap, Xamarin, Titanium, Sencha, Telerik, IBM and iFormbuilder.